Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Most unexpected song you'd like to cover?

  1. #41
    Marshy
    Guest Marshy's Avatar
    awwwwwwww ive gone all red !

  2. #42
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Lonely Bull~Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass

  3. #43
    Marshy
    Guest Marshy's Avatar
    D'you want fries with that ???? .. lol

  4. #44
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Fries? Lonely Bull is a great song!! Herb did it even better than the cover by The Ventures.

    How about Alley Cat by Bent Fabric? He used to appear on Lawrence Welk. Funny, huh? Well, so did Dick Dale!!

  5. #45
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    If you were from USA, I would think you were making some sort of oblique joke about burgers and fries. Since you are not, I'll grant you the benfit of the doubt [img]wink.gif[/img] .

  6. #46
    Inactive Member wopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really wanna do these.....

    I Ain't Sofisticated-The Ruts
    Thirsty Dog-Nick Cave
    Style-The Lemonheads

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Turbo2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Even though I'm not in a band at the moment some songs I really like to cover is;

    Twistin' The Night Away - Sam Cooke (but more in the style of Rod Stewart's version)
    Move Over - Janis Joplin
    Burning Love - Elvis Presley
    I Don't Wanna Discuss it - Little Richard
    Chains Of Love - JJ Barnes
    Babylon - New York Dolls
    I Feel Good (I Got You) - James Brown
    Shakin' Street - MC5
    Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones
    Have Love Will Travel - Sonics

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ September 02, 2006 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Turbo2000 ]</font>

  8. #48
    Inactive Member sleazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2006
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    In the last weeks I played these covers(among a shitload of Stones and Dogs D'Amour's tunes)

    Dead Boys - "I Need Lunch"
    Willie Nile - "That's The Reason" (Thanx Marky [img]wink.gif[/img] )
    The Waldos - "Cry Baby"
    Johnny Thunders - "Too Much Junky Business"
    Dave Kusworth - "Another Blonde"
    J. Geils Band - "Wait"
    Frankie Miller - "Ain't Got No Money"
    Johnny Thunders - "Little Bit of Whore"
    The Boys - "School Days"
    Dog Kennel Hill - "Never Get To Heaven"

  9. #49
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always thought Pop Goes The World by Men without Hats could be turned into a great pop punk song.
    I also wanted to cover Rose Tattoo - Remedy

    When I played in the Retreads we opened our set for a while with a punked up cover of Red Hot.

    In Floyd we covered:

    Subway Train - NY Dolls
    King of Rock n roll - Long John Baldry
    Ride On, Long way to the top - AC/DC
    Pretty Vacant - Pistols

    MCRACKINS we've covered and recorded:
    Surrender - Cheap Trick
    Talk dirty to me - Poison
    I was made for loving you - kiss
    Rebel Kind - Modernettes
    Surfin'on heroin - Forgotten Rebels
    Hawaii - Young Canadians
    Cuts like a knife - Brian Adams

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always thought Pop Goes The World by Men without Hats could be turned into a great pop punk song.
    I also wanted to cover Rose Tattoo - Remedy

    When I played in the Retreads we opened our set for a while with a punked up cover of Red Hot.

    In Floyd we covered:

    Subway Train - NY Dolls
    King of Rock n roll - Long John Baldry
    Ride On, Long way to the top - AC/DC
    Pretty Vacant - Pistols

    MCRACKINS we've covered and recorded:
    Surrender - Cheap Trick
    Talk dirty to me - Poison
    I was made for loving you - kiss
    Rebel Kind - Modernettes
    Surfin'on heroin - Forgotten Rebels
    Hawaii - Young Canadians
    Cuts like a knife - Brian Adams

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •